Experience an unforgettable escape for two in the heart of the beautiful yet undiscovered Elan Valley. The charming Brynafon Hotel, situated next to the river Wye, will provide a warm welcome in the mystical surroundings of Gwastedyn Hill and the Druid’s Circle. This magnificent building was built around 1878 as the Rhayader Workhouse with the additions of a vagrant ward, porter’s room and labour shed in 1879. Brynafon has a charming restaurant with a unique atmosphere and great quality food. After your relaxing night’s rest and plentiful breakfast, the friendly staff can arrange horse-riding, cycling, fly-fishing, clay pigeon shooting or guided walks to ensure you get the most from your stay.
> one night in a Standard Double bedroom
> a full Welsh breakfast
> a welcome drink
Useful information :
- Opening dates and hoursAll year round except Christmas Eve to Boxing Day and New Years Eve
- Loved itThe charming rustic interior decoration.
- Practical informationCar park - TV - Internet / Wi-Fi
- On-siteRestaurant, lounge, patio area and garden.
Clay pigeon shooting, cycling, fly-fishing, guided walks and horse-riding can be arranged.
- Getting thereLlandrindod Wells: 11 miles (15mins)
Newtown: 24 miles (40mins)
- Image library or PhotosPicture directory © The Brynafon Hotel / Smartbox
- Discover other activities in this Smartbox™